How Can You Benefit?
“I was almost 57 when I had surgery. I was on three different medications for my type 2 diabetes and still couldn’t get it under control. The more medicine they gave me, the more weight I gained. I was afraid that I was going to lose my leg and my vision. I was really scared. My doctor recommended Barix and they are the ones that saved my life.” –Mary Ann M.
The Benefits of Bariatric Surgery go Beyond Weight Loss
It is clear that bariatric surgery is the most effective—really the only effective--long-term solution to morbid obesity. Our patients describe how using the tool of bariatric surgery is like having your body work with you instead of against you in your weight loss efforts. Healthy food choices and an active lifestyle really make a difference after surgery, so it is better to stick with healthy habits. The results are quite different from the efforts prior to surgery that were met with no weight loss or weight loss followed quickly with regain.
Substantial, Lasting Weight Loss Can Improve so Many Areas of Your Life
Our patients have told us that their weight loss after surgery has improved…
- Their physical health—by improving or resolving many related health issues such as type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, heart disease and circulatory problems, arthritis and joint pain, infertility, sleep apnea, and many other conditions.
- Their emotions—by improving their perspective through greater comfort with the world around them, higher self-esteem and less depression.
- Their career—by improving their actual and perceived performance through the ability to do work that was previously physically impossible, improved confidence and presence around others, and increased opportunities.
- Their relationships—by gaining added confidence, they find improved relations with family, friends, co-workers, and new acquaintances, as well as improvements in how others relate to them.
- Their lifestyle—by improving their day-to-day lives by the ability to participate in daily activities, added drive and energy, and improved physical condition for sports or other active pursuits.
"I haven’t had any of my diabetes medication since my surgery. My circulation has improved. The arthritis pain in my knees is gone. Now I am doing the things I never could have done before. Losing the weight was secondary. I did this to get my health back." –Mary Ann M.
Benefits of Choosing the Right Place to Have Surgery
Barix Clinics has over 20 years’ experience with more than 40,000 weight loss surgeries performed. The professional team at Barix Clinics is committed to helping each individual determine the best treatment option to meet their personal needs. Our patients benefit from our extensive experience. Not only do they receive excellent surgical care from highly-trained bariatric surgeons, but an entire program based on the feedback and recommendations of 40,000 individuals. Experience does matter.
Barix Clinics specializes in bariatric surgery. Our staff can tell you what to expect, how to avoid pitfalls and what steps you can take to maximize success. You will feel understood and accepted in a way that many of our patients tell us is unique in the medical setting.
Barix Clinics does more bariatric surgery than general hospitals do. We offer laparoscopic Roux-en-Y gastric bypass, laparoscopic gastric sleeve and laparoscopic adjustable gastric band (often referred to as lap band) procedures.
Take Action Today
You may be just starting to research about bariatric surgery or you may have already made the decision that surgery is right for you. Whatever stage of the process that you are in, give us a call or complete and submit the form at the top of the page so we can get you connected to our network of support. As the leaders in bariatric surgery, we have resources to help you before surgery and after.