Fresh tips to help you do just that.
At the Office
The office can be a toxic environment during the holidays—everywhere you turn, there are sugary treats. A little pre-planning can help you navigate office excesses with finesse.
- Take no-added-sugar treats to share with co-workers for cookie exchanges, pot luck luncheons, or just because.
- Keep healthy snacks on hand to enjoy when the break room fills up with the sugary stuff.
- Steer clear of where the goodies are kept. Out of sight is out of mind.
- Start “non-food” holiday activities like Friday trivia and the winner gets a lottery ticket.
- Volunteer as a group to “adopt” a family for the holiday. This common bond of focusing on someone else’s needs may help you to work together on other projects too.