Attending a party or family gathering this holiday season? Be sure to put some of these strategies in place:
- Take a no-added-sugar treat to share. You’ll have something to enjoy that doesn’t blow your eating plan.
- Limit the number of food items you choose to eat. Fewer food items on your plate means you’ll eat less.
- Don’t skip meals with the thought of saving up calories; you’ll eat more than if you keep to your typical eating schedule.
- If you are consuming alcohol, alternate with a glass of water to make sure you don’t overdo.
- Pour a calorie-free drink in a pretty glass—don’t count on your hostess to have your favorite drink—take your own.
- Sometimes just a bite is all you really need. Keep it to just a bite by snitching from someone else or take a bite and put your napkin over the rest.
- Focus on people, not food.