Getting the right foods and beverages in your house is key to making great healthy home-cooked meals that you and your family will love. Grocery shopping, like everything else, takes some planning and effort, but the rewards can be significant. A grocery store “game plan” can help you get organized, save time and money, select more nutritious foods, and be in control of the foods and ingredients you are eating.
Start with a Menu. Your game plan starts with a weekly or monthly menu. Use a calendar or the attached Menu Plan to get started.
- Take into consideration your schedule for the week and plan easier meals on busy evenings.
- Batch cooking, repurposing leftovers, and crock pot meals are all ways to keep your time in the kitchen to a minimum.
- Plan meals based on what you already have on hand. Look in your freezer, refrigerator and cabinets.
- Include seasonal fresh fruits and vegetables to accompany meals or for snacks.
- Use the weekly ads, coupons and grocery store rewards programs to take advantage of specials.
- Go to barixclinicsstore.com to find some new nutritious recipes.