In the News
Getting enough sleep is essential for a healthy metabolism and weight. Missing just 30 minutes a night can wreak havoc on both your weight and insulin resistance. In a recent study those who didn’t get enough sleep were 72% more likely to be obese and more likely to have blood sugar regulation issues.
The Sleep Foundation recommends that adults get 7-9 hours of sleep a night. They provide the following tips on their site to help you achieve that goal.
• Stick to a sleep schedule, even on weekends.
• Practice a relaxing bedtime ritual.
• Exercise daily.
• Evaluate your bedroom to ensure ideal temperature, sound and light.
• Sleep on a comfortable mattress and pillows.
• Beware of hidden sleep stealers, like alcohol and caffeine.
• Turn off electronics before bed.