Spring is a superb time to reignite your exercise program. The dark gray days of winter are gone and the temperature is rising. If you kept up your exercise routine through the winter months—that’s great! It’s time to up your game and take your health and fitness to the next level. If the winter doldrums caused you to slack off– no more excuses. It’s time to get going.
Of course, regular exercise boosts your metabolism and helps you reach and maintain your weight loss goals. If that isn’t reason enough to get up and moving, here are some other benefits to regular exercise:
- Improved mood and lessened feelings of depression and anxiety.
- When paired with adequate protein, it helps build muscle.
- High impact exercises like walking or jogging help to keep your bones strong.
- A boost in energy and diminished feelings of fatigue.
- A decrease in the risk of many chronic diseases due to improved insulin sensitivity, better cardiovascular fitness, lower blood fat levels, and lower inflammation.
- A younger appearance—exercise promotes your body’s production of antioxidants, helping your skin look healthier and younger.
- A better functioning brain due to improved oxygen and blood flow, the growth of new brain cells, and a reduction in inflammation.
- Better sleep and relaxation.
- A reduction in the sensation of pain and improved quality of life.