Members of Your Team
Yourself – You are the most important member of your support team. Keeping yourself mentally and physically in the game is essential for long-term success. Success is up to you–no one can do the work for you…and no one can take away the work that you do. That is why you are the leader of your team. To be a strong support leader:
- Find ways to stay positive, even through challenges.
- Follow your bariatric surgery team’s recommendations and ask for help if you are not reaching goals.
- Be accountable to yourself or a member of your support team.
- Realize that you will need to work to have a healthy weight for the rest of your life, but you are worth the efforts and improvements in your health and wellbeing.
- Make the effort to develop stress management and healthy coping skills before you need them.
- When you hit a bump in the road, learn from it and get back on track quickly.
- Surround yourself with positive people who are willing to be on your team and support you in your efforts.
Download On Track with Barix: Developing a Support Group Team